Preseason Game 1: Red Wings at Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins begin their quest for a fourth Stanley Cup tonight at 7 p.m. at Consol Energy Center against a familiar Western Conference foe, the Detroit Red Wings.
Pittsburgh will be dressing some interesting names tonight including 2011 first round pick Joe Morrow.
Here are the Penguins lines for this evening:
Penguin Players to watch:
- James Neal – Playing RW with Malkin tonight should be interesting.
- Richard Park – his position as 2nd line center should show how good of a camp he has had.
- Brian Gibbons – Coach Dan Bylsma should probably keep Gibbons away from Niklas Kronwall tonight. Natural center playing LW.
- Samuelsson and Letang – these two could be great together and could be a glimpse of the future.
- Joe Morrow – will likely get PP time with Martin and Letang.
Detroit will be playing some of their stars as well:
Red Wing Players to watch:
- Pavel Datsyuk – duh.
- Tomas Tatar – Detroit’s top forward prospect lit up the AHL as an 18 year old. Too good for the AHL but Detroit’s too deep for him to crack the roster.
- Jan Mursak – speedster with more skill than Conner. His line could be dangerous.
- Brendan Smith – Detroit’s top prospect and incumbent to Niklas Lidstrom’s throne. Much more physical than one would expect from offensive player.