Kennedy officially diagnosed
Tyler Kennedy has officially been diagnosed with a concussion the Pittsburgh Penguins announced today after the morning skate.
Kennedy told team officials upon arrival in Winnipeg that he was experiencing concussion like symptoms. He was held out of the Winnipeg and Minnesota games as a precaution until further tests could be administered.
Kennedy has been ruled out for tonight’s game but he will likely miss a few weeks at least.
With his concussion, Kennedy joins the list of injured Penguins that now also includes Brian Strait.
- Sidney Crosby (concussion – timetable: unknown)
- Evgeni Malkin (sore knee – timetable: day to day)
- Dustin Jeffrey (recovery from knee surgery – timetable: week to week)
- Brooks Orpik (recovery from abdominal sugery – timetable: expected to play tonight
- Tyler Kennedy (concussion – timetable: unknown)
- Brian Strait (hyperextended elbow – timetable: unknown)